- Major: Journalism and Mass Communications
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
- School/College: Information and Communications
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Fall Application Deadline: January 15
Spring Application Deadline: October 15
- Official GRE scores
- Official Academic Transcripts (from all previously attended colleges)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (including at least two from academic references)
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample(s)
- Official TOEFL Scores (for applicants without a degree from an English-speaking institution)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
A Note from the Program
If you’re looking for a career in teaching and research at the highest levels, or research and management with mass media companies, consider our Ph.D. program. Our program is small and selective, giving students substantial flexibility to tailor their coursework and area of study to their particular career goals.